Norman Rockwell had a way of capturing fundamental Americana. In this painting we see the traditional image of thanksgiving in America: mother bringing the platter of plenty to the dinner table.
Today, I want to give thanks and I pray that you all join with me in your own expressions of gratitude. Thank you, God, for:
- Life, liberty, and the gift of salvation.
- Family, friends and those who love and care for me, especially my wife and daughter.
- Health and all that goes with it.
- Years, days, hours, and the next breath.
- The sacrifices of all those who give their time, efforts, and lives that I might live in safety.
- Readers. All those who pass this way and read my ramblings.
- You. Without you, God, there would be nothing to be thankful for.
Grace and peace to everyone today and always.